SailNet Community - View Single Post - composting toilet report
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Seems like you've got the process and prioreties straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoden View Post
Girlfriend upon inspection of the prototype "It's gonna smell" looks at me quizzically, turns and exits utility room.....Hmmm exterior vent for sure, I'm not giving up yet :-)
I've used this computer fan in the head and also in a compost/biofilter system on some pet cages. It should last ~ 2 years continuous duty in this humidity.
Sail Delmarva: "A Bathroom Fan": or "No Blog Could be Complete Without a Tale of Head Repairs"

Solar vents would certainly work, but $$$.... In my case, I already have enough panels. Screen the outlet for

Part of my interest in composting heads comes from my interest in biofilters for odors, some processing several thousand cfm of wastewater, refinery, or sanitary stink. I've built many. It is simple to build an animal cage, for example, where anything that misses litter boxes falls through and composts, and all of the cage air, along with the sanitary stink, is drawn through a 3- to 6-inch mulch bed, which eats the odor. I believe that is the effect we are actually seeing in some of these "composting heads." We are not really composting the waste, but we are cleaning the stick through biofiltration.

http://www.manure.umn.edu/assets/biofilters.pdf

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook