SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gadgets to help catching a mooring
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris King View Post
My current technique for picking up a mooring take two people. One grabs to mooring with a boat hook while the other lays face down on the fore deck and reaches down to the mooring to thread a line though the ring.

There are some products on the market that promise mooring nirvana. Do they work? Do you have a favorite one? Is there a better way to pick up a mooring without buying one of these things?

Happy Hooker Mooring Hook Tip (Marinetech Products) - Boat Hook Accessories

or

EasyMoor Mooring Hook

There are other things out there that snap a hook to the buoy. It would seem preferable to look a line through for easy retrieval though.

Chris

Chris If I am reading this right you've got a beautiful Alden 44 and a mooring ball with a top "ring". Please tell me this is a "pass through" ball and you're really connecting directly to the chain?

With proper mooring pendants a simple boat hook has served me well for nearly 38 years... Reach down, pick them up...

Even my neighbor, a single mom, can pull it off effortlessly..
Picking Up The Mooring - YouTube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook