SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reality at Sea - For Cruisers, Singlehanders, and Normal People.
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean101 View Post
Thanks for the info Drake. Good info to know.

Isn't it amazing how much you can learn on these forums, no matter what your experience level? Sometimes the discussions get a little heated or attitudes turn ugly, but overall, I've read a LOT of great ideas and different techniques on here that I can adopt for my own use. Maybe one day, with some experience under my belt, I can pay it forward.

Take care!
+1

Yeah it can get a little prickly every once in a while (like in the HWS thread), but if you just maintain a thick skin and realize it's just the interwebs (where people say all kinds of goofy crap) - it's impossible to really get mad at anything that's said (or even any names you're called). It's all just for fun.

That said, I totally agree with you that SN is one of the best places on the planet to learn a hell of a lot about sailing. Some really great guys around here.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-15-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook