SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reality at Sea - For Cruisers, Singlehanders, and Normal People.
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpqincny View Post
There is a saying among motorcylists: $15,000 and 15 miles don't make you a biker. I don't sail much but I did qualify inshore skipper throught the US Navy sailing program in addition to having been an On scene leader for firefighting and damage control parties for all engineering spaces-rescue and repair, repair locker leader and fire marshall as well as damage control console operator, and relief on scene leader for helo crash and smash fire party. The reason I enumerate this is that the first thing that struck me in the first video (I haven't watched the rest yet) is the fact that the cockpit is a mess. When you prepare to get underway the VERY first thing you need to do is SECURE for sea. Drake obviously hasn't done even this basic first step, that he survived and learned is great, however, his learning curve really didn't need to be nearly so steep.
Maybe we were watching different videos? Things looked pretty shipshape to me.

If you get a chance I would recommend you watch the rest of Drake's videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook