SailNet Community - View Single Post - SAILOMAT Self Steering Gear- Model 601- Owners Manual or copy required
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012

sirphil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacap06 View Post
Have you contacted Sailomat? They're still in business and might be able to reproduce a manual for you.

SAILOMAT International
Design Office and Factory-Direct International Sales
San Diego, California, USA
E-mail: contact@sailomat.com
SAILOMAT

A google search turned up a 13 month old thread on the Cruisers' Forum where a fellow named Peter Schellekens said he had a complete manual and was offering to help another fellow who needed it. You could also try contacting him. You can find that thread here.
thanks decap6 for this. I had already contacted Sailomat and no parts or manuals for this old model apparently. The various threads have suggested that there are some people with manuals, and have contacted one or two to see if they are willing to send me a copy. Fortunately my 30/40 sailomat came complete, and with some spares! I am sure even if I can't get a manual I can puzzle out the installation OK. I have had an Aries, a Monitor and one other Windvane pilot over the years and the principles are basically the same- it is maninly the parameters for angles of mounting and height above water etc are the critical things I would like to know. Many thinks foir your help. Sirphil
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook