SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tapered Mast vs. Standard Mast
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
gadnagit, spare rod rigging is usually carried by taking a section of rod and coiling it into a large coil. Yes, it is flexible enough to do that, and then stow the coil someplace. Of course you can also temporarily rig a repair with some bulldog clamps and a length of cable, as long as you have a suitable spare for the end fitting.

My impression is that rod rigging will outlast cable in comparable uses. Inspecting it will call for a dye-check of the end fittings and reswaging them is often possible if there's enough extra length (i.e .in the turnbuckles) to allow for that.

But NavTec themselves seem to prefer not to respond to customer emails at all. I tend to look askance at any vendor who can't reply to emails these days, it is no different from throwing out letters or not answering the phone. NOT professional or businesslike conduct.

Maybe as synthetics become more common, they'll just go the way of buggy-whip makers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook