SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Wild Goose

Wow, if you can create a great web page like that you can refit your nice looking Morgan! I have my internal centerboard system working, my wench handle is a perfect fit. The boat yard has the boat sitting in the slings FINALLY! I am waiting for mooring pilings once the permit clears, and after talking to the boat yard ordered a new centerboard from NewRudders.com $935 including delivery, am going tomorrow to see if there are any remnants of the external CB cable primarily the fittings if one is left in the pennant tube so I can order a new 19.5" cable that will fit from West Marine Riggers. Purchased 1/2"X2" Stainless bolts and aluminum to extend the chain plates using 6 bolts per chainplate. will need new halyards and running rigging as well, and a new Jib eventually. Boat means Break Out Another Thousand! or a hole in the water you pour money into! But once things are right and with some maintenance it will finally be done. I just want a wonderful boat that looks as if she has aged gracefully, and everything works as it was designed. Each system is fairly simple, you just have to take one small step at a time - it's not rocket science. Will go back to read your site in detail. Hope you post some pictures here, or more on your site. You had an inboard - are those pictures behind the companionway? George
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook