SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 33 Keel Sloop '69
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012

Yountman is on a distinguished road
Well, it's been a full year now since I posted my 1st request for info! So I have now sailed the boat for a while and could be an info giver instead of the receiver at this point, although I wish I could still have some give and take with WANSTAR, what happened there?! I do not have an owners manual, although I do have the original drawings for the boat and some old pamphlets describing the entire Morgan line-up of the day. As far as speed goes, I can tell you that the southern california PHRF has given me a handicap of 168 - but I have a small foresail that I have yet to replace with a %155 genoa that would be appropriate for racing around here so I couldn't say if I can sail it that fast yet or not. But it does like to sail in a breeze - I made one run back from cruising our local islands in about 25 knots of wind and was able to average close to 8 knts on the main and jib - until I get some more sail area up front hard to say how well it goes in the light stuff for racing, but it still sails well in any breeze and is a nice ride all around and I have been very happy with it, just day sailing as well as cruising locally. one question I now have is about the trim tab that is in the keel, mine was glassed in but now that I have more experience sailing the boat I am wondering what advantage I could have gotten under sail with that unusual feature...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook