SailNet Community - View Single Post - Largest Semi-Trailerable Sailboat ???
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012
Quirky

Sublime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer View Post
Hake Seaward Yachts,

Hake Yachts

The 32 ft is 10 ft beam, the 26 is 8ft 4in or so. I've never seen one, just read about them.

I love those boats! I'd buy one in a heart beat if I had the money. I already have a truck big enough to haul the 32. That is probably the biggest truly trailerable boat.

Some have mentioned the Hunter 260. I have one. You, a wife, a 13 y/o and a 3 y/o will probably be cramped on it after a week. It would be fine for a weekend, but a week? Probably not a good idea. Does everyone get along really really reeeeeeeaally well? Nobody snores?
The aft bunk can fit two adults. A kid could sleep on one of the side cushions. A normal sized adult could take the v-berth. The 13 y/o and 3 y/o sleeping in the v-berth would cause fights.

Also, it's not a boat you can take to the bahamas willy nilly. You need a good weather window. Sometimes that doesn't happen and it's not a boat to take through a storm out on the ocean.

No side decks so if you go forward, you're climbing up on top of the boat without handrails. It can be quite an adventure!

A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built.

My girls:
1974 Alcort Minifish-Minifish
2001 Drascombe Lugger-Penelope
2004 Hunter 260-Miss Muffet
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook