SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012

MorganGirl is on a distinguished road
Hi all! I'm happy to be posting, I am so obsessed with this boat project, my head could explode! The few pieces of brightworks are looking amazing. I know it's small steps, but much of the work needs to happen on the boat, and we were hit with snow & rain today, and terribly cold temps all week. That being said, doing any work, even in the cabin, in these temps, is not a good time. There are a few things I have been plotting. George, I noticed your first post included some info on the Water Tank. How did you make out. I would really love to access the tank, but the screws have been practically impossible to remove. Also, I am a novice here... the metal cap?? for lack of a better name, also seems impossible to remove. I am certain this tank hasn't been thoroughly cleaned since... well ever, probably not accessed since installation in 1969. I am just a thorough person, and since I have intentions of inspecting every last inch of that boat, I need to get into the box/housing.. Any advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook