SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Hi MorganGirl, seems like the term "sailing season" has true meaning in your clime, I live on Back Bay Biloxi Mississippi so we are simi-tropical. Except for the really really hot months the rest of the year here is spring like, our winter is January and February and is relatively mild, when a front moves through the temperatures can drop for a while then moderate. Snow is a light dusting to about 3" once every 10 years, our lows are the teens on occasion. But I know you would probably die of heat prostration down here! Especially in the 100 degree weather with 90% humidity in our long summer months.
I am waiting for things like the water tank which is a shiny metal box until I have the boat home at my dock. My focus right now is safety, and seaworthiness, the other things will come once those things are squared away. I did find out that the sink drain actually drains through the hull! through a SEACOCK! Pretty cool I thought I can pour things out and they don't end up having to be pumped from the bilge. There is a tube connected to the faucet that runs to the tank. Of course as you read above none of us plan on actually drinking water from the tank, but perhaps it could be made potable for washing dishes, perhaps? Will investigate how to do that later. Looks like a wrench could be used to unscrew the cap. Would have to reach through the stowage locker under the v-berth. There is also a 3" hole I suppose so I can see what I am doing with the wrench. It could be that the tank could possibly be taken out for work when I replace the forward bulkhead where the bow lights are. I suppose If I can get the tank out I can clean it out better. Probably need to add a cap full of plain bleach to a full tank of water perhaps and run water through it every few months?? Sorry I really have nothing to offer but speculation at this point. I really suspect that my boat is in fairly good shape - could be much much worse! You can see felicity on the Morgan Owner's group on Yahoo in the albums. I have more on my facebook site - I will give you that address in a minute and hope we don't scare you when you see what I we look like!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook