Originally Posted by Fourbtgait
1. Shallow draft, under 16 inches, prefer no keel/skeg for ease of beaching at times.
2. Long cockpit, minimum of 6 feet 6 inches
3. Good cockpit storage
4. Swing rudder
5. Swing keel
6. Small cabin but capable of sleeping in with remodel of v berth, 4’ min. headroom? yes I know, difficult.
7. Porta potti room
8. Fairly dry sailing
9. Self draining cockpit
10. No need for a sink or stove
11. Tabernacle mounted mast
12. Dry sailing
13. Flotation material built in
14. Good initial stability
15. Self righting
16. Fairly close to wind sailing
17. Listed empty weight of under 2,000
18. 16-20 feet, preference is 18-19 feet
19. Good resale value
20. Lets put a max price of $3,500 on it.
Reminds me of the guy who comes into the car dealership, looking for a 4-5 year old Honda ACCORD wagon, 5 speed, with only 5-7000 miles.
Anyways I'll bight; Pacific Seacraft 23 - 27'. You'll have to set your budget a little higher. You can't have everything for nothing.