SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sequitur Blog Update
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012
... a logical conclusion

Sequitur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I've been very impressed with your seamanship and journalistic abilities - and especially the ways in which you and Edi are making the trip comfortable and enjoyable. It seems like you've really accomplished the perfect balance.
Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
One thing I'd like to know more about is how you guys plan and store so much variety in your food and wines. Did you establish a menu before hand? How do you pack it all? How does it keep? Etc.
We love fine food and wine. We scour the local markets and supermarkets to see what is available, we buy and sample and then buy quantities of what we like. We find that by stocking and maintaining a broad variety of ingredients aboard, we can create interesting meals around nearly anything that we happen upon. With two freezers and two fridges, a large root cellar and huge pantry, we can easily stock for two or more months.

Quote:
Your taste is obviously impeccable. But your ability to maintain a menu of such high standards is amazing.
My years as a wine importer, wine writer, wine educator, culinary school wine and food instructor, restaurant reviewer, wine judge, etc., give me some basic background in food, and my passion for cooking adds to this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1908 Wildschut Skūtsje

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook