Originally Posted by AdamLein
Is this really true? I use a pressurized kerosene cabin heater and have gotten it to produce that familiar thick black smoke when it wasn't preheated enough. To me that's burning liquid kerosene.
NO, They are exagerating, anything flammable can burn when exposed to air, and heat.
The stoves don't work well unless the Kerosine is preheated enough to produce a fine mist, or vapor through the stove orfice.
But drop a match on a puddle, and unless the intial dunking puts the match out you wil have a fire.
The entire city of Chicago can attest kerosine burns and can start a fire when a kerosine lamp is kicked over by a horse.