SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last Night at the Harvard Club
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012
Captain S/V Triumph

DougSabbag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Good to hear from you again Doug. Unfortunately, voyages like yours grabs everybodyís attention whereas my (uneventful) crossing from Las Palmas to Grenada last December sparked just passing interest. When you go to your next talk, just put on your chain mail shark suit on and enjoy the feeding frenzy. Iím assuming that you are going to Southern California for your boat search. If you find should yourself up in the San Francisco area, let me know as Iíd love to buy you a drink at the bar. One of my friends has a Taswell 49 which he loves and is absolutely gorgeous, but he will be the first to admit, is not the fastest boat in the marina.
Thank you George! I'll take an "uneventful" cruise any day over the one we had. :-)

Yes, we're landing at Long Beach, then visiting a few S. Cal., marinas.
Sadly, we won't be making it up to SF. Though I lived in that area throughout the 1980s! First Alameda, then up in Marin County.

I used to love to sail in that Bay! Quite challenging, always.

Considering we were in a Gulfstar 50 for 11 years, and now we're looking at the Taiwanese 50s, speed is surely not very high in our criteria.
We are liveaboards, so comfort is much higher, with high quality wood to keep me busy restoring, a sweeping deck, a center or pilot house cockpit, a large aft cabin a spacious main salon, with a good engine and rigg....
Oh, not to mention a stall shower, washer & dryer and granite counters. :-)

That last "requirement" is really an homage to a lot of comments in the S/V Triumph thread.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook