SailNet Community - View Single Post - Original copper exhaust system - any good?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012

CascoBayP30 is on a distinguished road
Rich -

Thanks for the detailed response ! Now I truly understand exactly what I have been wondering about... Great diagram - it makes complete sense. I am currrently midstream in a rebuild, and am active in the forum @ Moyer Marine... You can read about my progress here : The adventure continues... - Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians

I have looked at that corroded exhaust system with a furrowed brow many a time since beginning this project, and wondered with worry about what a nightmare replacing it could be, or where to even begin ... Now, I will take your advice and get it out of the boat and try to have it evaluated, and if necessary, repaired.

Thanks again for sharing this information - it is because of knowledgeable, generous folks like yourself that we can all enjoy engaging in the process of doing our own work on our beloved vessels, and perform these tasks with confidence, vs. paying the boat yard outrageous sums of money to do it for us.

Cheers, mate !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook