SailNet Community - View Single Post - cruising income
Thread: cruising income
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Without getting political - think about how Americans respond to illegal workers. Do you think other countries would accept your taking employment away from residents?
First and foremost, I would be legal, regardless of where I traveled. Traveling to another nation without proper documentation and paying all fees, IMHO, is akin to invading that nation. And, anyone that does this should be prepared to suffer the consequences. Keep in mind there are lots of foreign entertainers who travel to the U.S. to perform, and they're not displacing anyone's job. No one complained about The Beetles, Enrico Pavaratti, Caruso, and a host of other performers that struck it rich in the U.S. show biz market. In fact, they were a boom to the U.S. economy.

As an entertainer, we don't take jobs away from other entertainers. Each is somewhat unique, and each successful entertainer I know actually creates jobs--even for other entertainers. For example, if I provide the restaurant/bar owner with increased profit, he or she will more than likely explore the possibility of expanding the number of days or nights they have entertainment for the customers. And, if they diversify their forms of entertainment, this would likely lead to an increased customer base, thus translating into more jobs for allied service personnel.

If you wish to get an idea of the entertainment I provide, you can go to http://psrtutorial.com/perf/garyDiamond.html and click on the Jukebox player or individual song. These are not high-quality recordings--just quick, digital recordings that I use to monitor my performances and develop ways to improve what I do.

Cheers,

Gary

Last edited by travlineasy; 01-24-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook