SailNet Community - View Single Post - cruising income
Thread: cruising income
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012

jackdale will become famous soon enough
Gary

Even The Beatles required a visa

Quote:
There are various categories (called classifications) of nonimmigrant visas for a person who wishes to work temporarily in the United States, based on U.S immigration laws, specifically the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you want to work in the U.S. temporarily, under immigration law, you need a specific visa based on the purpose of your travel and type of work you will be doing. To learn more, please see United States Citizenship and Immigration Service’s (USCIS) Working in the U.S. webpage.

Review Temporary Workers on the USCIS website for more detailed information about each category, petition procedures and eligibility for each type of temporary worker below. See Employer Information on the USCIS website for information about the numerical limit CAP count, e-Verify, and more. There are annual numerical limits on some visa types, which are shown in parentheses below.
Quote:
P-1 Individual or Team Athletes, or Members of an Entertainment group that are internationally recognized (25,000);
P-2 Artists or Entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program;
P-3 Artists or Entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique; and
Q-1 Participants in an International Cultural Exchange Program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and the sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of the alien's home country.
Temporary Worker Visas

As a sailing instructor, I do not take my students into the San Juan Islands.
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook