SailNet Community - View Single Post - Derecktor Shipyards CT Files for Chapter 11
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNDBOUNDER View Post
According to their press release:

Separately, Robert E. Derecktor, Inc. and Derecktor of Florida, Inc. are completely unaffected by the events in Bridgeport.

Robert E. Derecktor, Inc., located in Mamaroneck, NY, is currently working on approximately 40 boats in for winter storage, and has several yacht and commercial re-fit projects underway. Personnel are also engaged in off-site millwork projects and the outfitting of Presto series sailboats. The Mamaroneck yard continues to offer the same custom new construction skill-sets for which it has become famous.

Derecktor of Florida, located in Dania Beach, FL, has had very strong growth in yacht repair and re-fit revenues in 2011, up almost 30% over the prior year. Building on this momentum, the company is investing in a major upgrade of itís hauling/transfer capabilities and electrical infrastructure in 2012. The yard remains dedicated to providing outstanding service and refit offerings to the global mega-yacht community.

Interpret that any way you want
That's good news. The Mamaroneck yard produced a lot of famous boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook