SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many young people (say 35 or under)out there
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012

TravelinJack is on a distinguished road
I'm 30 and my girlfriend is 27. Just got a Catalina 22 that I'm fixing up this past weekend, but started sailing with a buddy of mine on Lake travis a few years ago on his Laser and his Catalina 27. He's 28 and made his first trip across the pond to Ireland when he was 18. The C-22 is perfect for me right now as I need something that is trailerable since my girlfriend is in the Navy and we will be moving around a bit for the next few years. Most of my friends prefer to drive their boats to Devils Cove or Carlos and Charlie's, park them and get drunk. I'm fortunate to be with a woman that has as much of a passion for the ocean as I do, and almost as much of an adrenaline junkie as I am. It's a perfect arrangement, as my screen name suggests, I'm quite fond of traveling and get bored if I'm in one place to long. It's cool to see others in my age bracket getting into sailing. I see it around here more frequently than you might think.

T.J.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook