SailNet Community - View Single Post - Input/feedback on new boat purchase
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012

LondonSailor is on a distinguished road
Input/feedback on new boat purchase

I recently joined the SailNet community and have to say that this is the best sailing forum by far.

I would like to receive some feedback/thoughts from this forum to help me by my next purchase.

I have 3 children (4-11 years old) so the boat should be able to accomodate 5 people. We live in London but most (if not all) of the sailing will be done of the coasts of France, Portugaul, Spain and Italy. There may be some occasional island hopping but most of the time the boat will be used for coastal cruising. Giving the age of my kids, it's unlikely we will go out in severe bad weather. we may stay overnight on the boat though - the kids love it.

I have sailed mostly 23-30ft boats but will need something bigger now. Given the info above and the fact that I am mostly preoccupied by the build quality, comfort and safety of the boat I'd purchase, could you please give me some advise or thoughts on boats that I should consider? I have subscriptions on several sailing magazines but realise that those journalists can't always be 100% objective.
I have already looked at Jeanneau, Beneteau, Moody, Southerly, Dehler and Bavaria. Please feel fre to suggest any other manufacturer.

Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate your views and experience.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook