SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson 424 or CT 41 ?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006

Surfesq is on a distinguished road
Well this is a good question. They are not really similar boats. I own a Seawolf 41 which is essentially the same as a CT41. I happen to really like my boat but there are some differences.
1. The CT 41 is a leaky teaky. So you are likely to have some problems with water penetration, soft decks and perhaps rot down below.
2. The problems are not insurmountable but nonetheless, be prepared for a lot of work.
3. The CT 41 is a full keeled boat while the Pearson I believe has a modified fin keel. Or perhaps a hybrid between the two.
4. I would say the CT41 is more of a bluewater boat than the Pearson but again it depends on the condition of the boat you purchasing.
5. The Pearson has a cabin under the cockpit and separate entrance which is really nice.
6. The CT has a master berth toward the front with a Pullman berth.
7. I think the CT is going to be a bit sturdier and have a better built interior. From my perspective, I just did not like the way the Pearson interior was constructed.

As far as sailing, I have sailed both boats. I think the CT is going to sail better in heavier offshore weather. Perhaps the Pearson would be a better coastal boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook