SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LManess View Post
... it seemed that 9 times out of 10, if not more, it was the man's dream to go sailing and adventuring and not his wife.
So, why don't women post - there aren't many out there that really love sailing and the cruising life.

Just one person's opinion.

Linda
It's a big world and I suppose that all of us have a different experience in our little bit of it. I guess that once again I've been lucky in that I don't find this to be the case at all in my tiny part of it

We belong to two sail clubs, one based at a local lake and another on the Bay. In both clubs the women are not only supportive and on the boats, but in one club at least a third of the women started out singlehanding big boats before finding their SOs and a few of those have their captain's license (beyond the six pack). Each male Sailnetter that I've met in person who has a SO has one who is supportive and an active participant in the experience. And of course there's forum member Jaye (wingNwing) who is both an accomplished sailor and active in the forum. And now that I think about it, our slip neighbors are couples with both actively engaged (and the woman next to us can dock like a champ).

I do think that not as many women sailors want to join online forums but I don't see evidence that most women don't want to sail at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook