SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson 424 or CT 41 ?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006

Curt is on a distinguished road
Thanks people, I have been looking at this a long time and from the beginning I have liked the Pearsonís, the later 38 in particular. I have found the CT's Formosa's Mariners, and Islanders are all about the same off the Garden design. I really like the boats I have looked at and surprisingly they have for the most part been kept up well and had many of the improvements already done. This is why they are running prices comparable to the 424 Pearson. Both can be had in fine shape for around 70 to 80 K. The Garden design I am convinced would right itself if it were knocked down in turmoil. The Pearson has a smaller keel and as one of you said earlier is not a full one like the Garden rigs. They seem to be more tender and that is understandable. I have not been able to find one to look at in my area. I see seem advantage to the Pearson but the CT types are supposedly much heavier hulled and far less prone to blistering, of course the deck and cabins are still a concern. The Pearsonís are built very well topside but I am not getting enough information of the Hull's and I would like to get some better understanding of the rear stateroom and how spacious it really is. The 422 and the 419 are almost impossible to find and I am not sure about a center cockpit anyway. I like the space down below but is it worth the compromise?
Thanks for your comments.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook