SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is the sailboat market really this bad?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012

peterchech is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperanteau View Post
Yep, I was talking about the free boats about six months back. I read a few on here that actually thought the market would come back. It has not, and I still see free boats at some of the marinas. Also a LOT of lien sales. We're years out from the market coming back. Still seeing the higher priced boats falling down a few tiers on the price scale. 40' Formosas in good condition going for $29k...

We looked at a 48 foot steel boat last weekend. The marina wanted $6500 for her on a lien sale, but she needed more work then we were willing to put into her.

Still a great market for people to get into. At least it's a good time for those that could not normally buy a sailboat to get their feet wet. Oops, maybe that wasn't a good choice of words!
When do these lien sales generally happen? Should I just call local marinas and see what they have, or is there some kind of auction or listing or something?

This thread is giving me hope that I will find a liveaboard of at least 30' in my price range... 5K lol...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook