SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is the sailboat market really this bad?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012

rrodak is on a distinguished road
ltgoshen -

I am interested in the steps you took to recently purchase your boat. I tried to PM you, but I don't have the minumum posts yet.

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgoshen View Post
Donít mean to revive an old thread "BUT" I have an update.
I am the the proud new owner on a 1981 C&C 30 MK1 in fair to good shape. I followed the advice of this thread and tracked down the owner of a yacht with some hull growth on her and out-dated documenting. The owner was pleased that I contacted them. They had no idea what they were going to do. The husband was no longer able to sail and the lady never did. So I got the boat for a song. And "sure" it needs some work. I have spent the last 5 weekends on her. Working on the thru-hulls that are stuck, Oil change to the Yanmar engine, New impeller, pulled all cushions out for cleaning and zipper work. Pulled the delaminated holly-teak ply wood sole out. This week, I will have it hauled out cleaned and painted. While there, I will work on the wiring for the instruments "7" St-50 wind, speed, depth, apparent-true wind etc. I will clean out the fresh water holding tanks and the poop holding tank. I will rework the marine head. So, yea there is a lot to do. But ya know what? I am having the time of my life. I am so excited with this project. Most of it I can do my self, and the good part is that I am on a mooring that I now own. She will have the Feb hull cleaning and and painted be dried in. C&C 30 MK1 The begining of a dream - YouTube
So recap anybody looking for a free boat there all over the place. They are not all in bad shape and will need a lot of TLC. I paid $2,500 dollar for her. It will cost another $2,500. To get it ready. Thatís $5,000. For a $23,000. I know I know. To you guys out there with all the money that you ask your self whatís your time worth? Do I want to spend all my time repairing float switches in the grimy bilge or do I want to sail. Well to us normal folks, itís a way to enjoy the day on the water and follow our dream with little or no investment but time. Any body want some help on how I did send me a p.m and I will give you step by step on how to get a boat. The rest will be up to you. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on this forum. IT WORKED!!!!!!
See ya in the breeze, C&C 30 MK1 drive by - YouTube
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook