SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012

doug1942 is on a distinguished road
Smile American living in Europe

I am an enthusiastic sailor who has been sailing for many years, but wish I had sailed more. I hold numerous licenses and certificates -- three from US Sailing, a Croatian Skipper license, an international skipper certificate, and a RYA Yachtmaster Theory Certificate. But, frankly, I would much rather be doing it than talking about it. My latest passion is cruising catamarans. Would love to buy a Lagoon 440.

I currently live in Hungary so I do most of my sailing in the Adriatic. Mostly charter. I love to teach and taught flying for over 1,200 hours. Looking for the opportunity to teach sailing, if only via online courses.

I have commanded US Special Operations units in combat several time, so I have an obsession for team work, decision making in stressful circumstances, and for selecting a top notch team to work with.

I was once a mathematician at one of the US's national laboratories where I worked in the area of fluid mechanics.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook