SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Well, they have not an election for the Naval Architect of the year and it would be very interesting if they have.

This year I would say that the one that would probably win would be Finot/Conq: Two of the 4 winning boats are designed by them (Pogo 12.50 and Oceanis 45).

And those were not the only interesting projects they have done in 2011 and not all big boats but certainly very interesting boats:

I know they are not one NA but a team of two, like in several leading NA cabinets, and they team together for many years, since Finot found a young guy playing with the first canting keel (Conq) and invited him to work with him. Conq was already at the time a young NA and an accomplished racer.

Jean-Marie Finot is not even formally a NA, just an Architect that had find and interest in boats and end up dedicating to them almost all his work, that has been a benchmark in what regards boat design all along the second half of the XX century and in the beginning of this one. I have a big admiration for him and also for Conq that have keep up with its master and fried.

70 year's old Finot is also a sailor and a cruiser and has a wife that likes to cruise and the fact that his cruising boat is a Pogo 10.50 says much about the kind of sailor he is. Well, to say the truth is Pogo is a modified one...to be faster

There are around the world about 30 000 boats made by the designs of Finot/Conq. That's quite a number

Have a look at their site:

Groupe Finot, yacht designers

finot-conq architectes navals

Last edited by PCP; 01-31-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook