SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Aw, shucks, Smacky. You guys are too much fun. (But I'm well past the age where bikinis are appropriate, trust me on that.) I interrupt the pillow fight to respond to an issue that PCP raises with all thoughtfulness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I find the global attitude towards women around here quite paternalistic, like if in what regards sailing they were just the cook and housekeeper while the man is the captain.

Probably that was like that some years ago and given the age of most of the posters it is possible that it is yet for most like that ...
The only excuse for this archaic attitude I can think of is that sailing itself is a somewhat archaic mode of transportation. I agree the attitude still seems to exist, but I'm not in the mood to cut anyone slack over it. That attitude was prevalent before the age of computers. Yet by the very act of posting on Sailnet these guys have proven they could adapt to new things, right? So, c'mon, learn to adapt to other social advances as well? Quite a few of the present company *have* gotten it, and are fun to virtually hang out with.

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled banter ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook