SailNet Community - View Single Post - Coastal crusing with occassional passage making :)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012

c_witch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to c_witch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawingknots View Post
long ago i decided not to install a regular water tank,you can never be sure of the water quaility in many places,i just use the one gallon water jugs and store them in any available space,i take saltwater baths and wash my clothes in salt water,i've never came close to running out of drinking water,a smaller boat can be seaworthy[flicka] comes to mind but for many people comfort is the main concern
LOL the comfort word. My only regret with out boat is not having standing head room in the cabin. I have considered cutting the cabin roof astern of the mast step and raising the cabin height and eliminating the sliding companion way hatches and installing a sea door from the cockpit. The downside being windage from a greater cabin height. We also intend to use seawater for bathing and washing when fresh water is not available. We will also be using a custom made foldable canvas funnel to collect rain water to replenish the fresh water tankage. I have also been inclined to have on board the water purifiers that one uses for backpacking in the wilds.

c_witch
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook