SailNet Community - View Single Post - Little Ericsons, big problems?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012
Semi-Pro

Springline is on a distinguished road
Little Ericsons, big problems?

Hello SailNet general! I'm new to the forum, and I'm looking into getting my first boat. I'm looking for something that would be relatively forgiving, and not too tricky to learn on. Speed can come later, right now I'd like to focus on doing it right. Additionally, I've been looking at boats with an eye to potentially living aboard during the summer. ( I work at marinas, I can get a mooring, and possibly even a slip, depending on how slow '12 looks to be, for almost nothing)

To that end, the Ericson 27 has caught my eye. Again, I'm not looking for speed, and a lot of reviews say the things are pretty bulletproof. However, it never hurts to ask, and so I ask SailNet, does anyone have any major problems with these things to report, or know someone who does? And yes, I do plan on asking the same question on the EY.org forums. I'm asking here because I'm selfish, and these forums move much faster. Thanks for any advice you can give, or maybe there are other, better classic plastic options out there for my needs.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook