SailNet Community - View Single Post - Block Island - Champlin's Marina Showers
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
At a different marina a couple miles from the mooring location, we filled up with water (and bought diesel). We had completed the sale and the tanks were full. I saw my sister had driven her car to the marina. My teenage neices were onboard the boat and had received the "get in, get water, buy diesel, and get out fast" briefing. Actually, they had sailed with us before on weeklong trips. They knew what we were doing why we were doing it.

Well, my neices started strolling down the very long dock to say "Hi" to their mom -- headed away from the boat! Note that they had spent the day with their mom at the beach. I called to them and they kept on going. It was frustrating to see them strolling away. They could easily get a ride from their mom, so I left.

I did *carefully* watch to make sure they hooked up with their mom. When I saw them together, and saw they all knew we were gone, I set course and headed back to the mooring location. "Hey, where you going?" they all yelled across the water.

I take water availablity and the good will of the nearby marinas seriously. (And we probably all had beers on the boat that night.)

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook