SailNet Community - View Single Post - Block Island - Champlin's Marina Showers
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Hi Bill, I tried to temper my comments, by saying it's often better to ask permission, than it is to simply assume a right. As you experienced, more often than not, people in the service business really want to say yes, and will try to accomodate you, if they can.

I haven't had to fuel up there often, It's never been a problem..could have been a bad day...

I agree with some of the other posts, that it's a little too crowded and loud there for me.
( Champlins) in peak season. Though, when I was last at anchor, this past summer, we had a boat drag past us heading for a power boat behind us. I had to call the harbormaster. The tow boat got there just in time to avoid the collision. The anchorage is no picnic, I much prefer a mooring. I like block island, but I'm thinking that it's not the place I want to be in July and August any more. It can tax ones patience. Someone tossed a cigarette on my brand new inflatable a few seasons ago at the dinghy dock, put a nice burn mark on the tube, by the time I noticed it and flicked it off, the person was lost in the crowd.

Last edited by Tempest; 02-03-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook