SailNet Community - View Single Post - Block Island - Champlin's Marina Showers
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by melliott0352 View Post
Too bad, it seems like a very nice place to sail to. The only one time I was there was a week after laborday monday, after Irene. Had a whole pier to myself! Think I'll skip it over the summer unless a midweek one nighter.
Crazy, but mid week during the height of the summer won't be any different. You'll need a reservation for a slip and, if you can get one, you may be rafted to another boat at some places. Many go out for a vacation week, drop anchor for the night and pull it at dawn and start cruising the mooring field for departures. It can take days to get one, as the moorings can't be reserved.

When there this past Sept, I asked the Harbor Master about the summer, as I hadn't been back since May. Crazy as always, he says. He said there were 2,500 boats in the pond over July 4th weekend. I estimate there are only a few hundred slips and moorings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook