SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 32 Mkii
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012

dacap06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dacap06
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagypsey View Post
I have a 1979 Islander 32 MK2 shoal draft tall rig. It was neglected for about 8 years and I am resurrecting it. I would love to find a Islanders user forum and I am looking for a source for engine parts for the westerbeke L25 diesel.

Any ideas? Love to hear from other islanders actively cruising. I am in Northern Alabama right now and will be going down the Tenn Tom to the gulf and bayond this fall (2012)

Harry
Harry,

This Islander forum isn't terribly active but there are a few of us who read it every so often. I don't know of a more active forum for Islanders. If you find one, please share.

It looks like the Marine Diesel Direct Warehouse associated with Torreson Marine has parts for the L25. I ordered from them once a few years ago, but they were a little more expensive.

I've had a lot of good luck with Niemiec Marine up in Mass. They're friendly and very knowledgeable about my engine and its variations. I have always gotten good advice and the right parts from them. I don't know if they carry anything for the L25 -- I can't find that model listed on their web site, but if they don't they might know who does since they're also a full service boatyard that runs into a little bit of everything.

I always do business with Niemiec by calling because they'll ask something important to help them diagnose my problems or figure out which variation is the right one. You can reach them by telephone at (508) 997-1805 during regular business hours. Be sure to have your engine serial number handy when you call.

Good luck!

Tom
Pasadena, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook