SailNet Community - View Single Post - Short term storage at random times?? Mooring/slip
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012

Dallas88 is on a distinguished road
I would like to stay around the gulf. My family and friends are split between Georgia and Texas so I was thinking I'd make my "base camp" either north west Florida or Texas. I really thought a mooring/slip in Texas would be cheaper but not so from what I've seen.

I hadn't really thought of having her hauled every time but that is a good idea.... especially if it's cheaper Guess I'll look up some boat yards and prices now.

I just want to make every penny count. I have put a lot of effort in the past 3 years to pay everything I own off and have zero debt so I could do this. The thought of spending soooooo much money on storage now makes me kind of queezy lol. I would rather put my money towards things for the boat and adventures rather than storage.

So what is the average cost of a haul out and hard storage? Obviously I'll be searching the net looking but I'm not really sure I would know a good price if I found one.

Thanks so much!
Dallas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook