SailNet Community - View Single Post - Talking Her into it?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012

KnottyGurl is on a distinguished road
Why not sail down to the southern areas of interest and have her meet up with you along the way. You get to live out your dream and live aboard, she can join you somewhere warm, and enjoy the benefits of being in a warmer area.

My wife still has this must have home thingy, I hear her and accept her feelings.
So we agreed that I would sail down and she can hook up along the way for a few excursions and weeks or weekends till we are in the Bahamas.
the deal we have is 6 months on and 6 months at house. Were still working on what months where, but we are moving in the right direction and her level of enthusiasm is slowly growing, A very good thing.
Sometimes it takes more time to move aboard then physically just selling everything off and casting off.
She really has put her heart and soul into the home and honestly i do like it, but like yourself would like to be more on the move as of late.
Compromise and find a good agreement as to how to complete this.
lots of ways to both keep the house and be sailing, you just need to find your groove for the both of you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook