SailNet Community - View Single Post - a (semi) happy (almost) ending to my saga
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006

hamiam is on a distinguished road
I asked the surveyor and all he wud put in writing is that they were negligent. They, of course, disagree. Their shade tree mechanic seems to think ANYTHING besides what they caused the problem with the engine. Which, I guess, can be expected. I have had 2 nams/sams accredited surveyors look it and im thinking they might be more credible in court. I dont really think I will win anything from this guy but hopefully the local paper picks it up, etc and I can cause him some embarassment, etc. Ive decided to sell the boat as is so the new owner can rebuild the current engine. replace it with a like pathfinder or replace it with a yanmar or other engine of his choice. I appreciate all the advice and support. Oh, I think their mechanic says that water in the fuel caused the engine to rust out. I guess he doesnt know the tank was drained, cleaned and fresh fuel and filters were put in before they tried to start it..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook