SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rocna Anchor
Thread: Rocna Anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
now i'm really confused (this is nothing new)

great..i have a cqr hanging from my bow, that as best i can tell is a heavy paperweight. now to complicate matters, i've been reading these threads and now am not sure what to replace my cqr with.
i sail on the chesapeake, keep my boat in a well protected marina, near mobjack bay and want something to occasionally drop or have on hand should something nastier than "ernesto" come screaming through should i need to move my boat. i also don't want to spend the night on anchor watch for fear some inferior anchor design will drag on me.
i saw the Rocna, Manson Supreme and then the Hydrobubble. now i am completely lost. all three of these anchors make the most design sense to me. now i'm looking to the venerable senior members here to make up my mind.
oh...1990 sabre 30 mkIII, draws 5'3" if this matters...
so, do i make the cqr a piece of "yard art" and get two new anchors..or make the cqr my back-up..oh..and although i understand you get what you pay for, i don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on a new hook.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook