SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking to crew for free this Spring/Summer !!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012

Chiquita is on a distinguished road
Looking to crew for free this Spring/Summer !!

Good day all ! My name is Don and reside in the Northern Virginia are just south of Washington DC. I figured Spring will be here soon so I better get this out. I am looking to crew on a sailing vessel for experience and to learn from new folks. I have 21 days off a month with my job and my schedule is flexible.
I was looking for a offshore trip that was 7 to 9 days long starting or ending in the Maryland, DC, or Richmond areas, but that is not 100% definitive.
I have sailed approx. 22 years in local waters of the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay on my Endeavour 35.5 with the family.
I'm not looking for a paid position, just the experience and knowledge of an offshore experience.

What I have to offer : Amateur Radio Operator with all my own equipment. 22 years as a firefighter/Paramedic. CPR Instructor. Good knowledge of electrical,solar,plumbing and diesel engines. I have all my own safety and weather gear. An eager willingness to learn more.

I can be contacted at n4mdx@yahoo.com or my cell phone number at request. Thanks you all for your time and future considerations !!

Don
S/V Chiquita
N4MDX

Last edited by Chiquita; 02-11-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook