SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 24
Thread: Morgan 24
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Oy Vey! (just came to mind - I'm Prysbyterian)! I have a 1967 Morgan 24 recently bought it, and is in the Yard. Ordered and received a beautiful new centerboard $935 as there was no board on the boat. After printing many documents and providing them to the boat yard, my pennant tube was metal, moved in and out of the packing gland with the centerboard cable attached - thought nothing of it. looking up at the top corner of the centerboard trunk with the boat on the slings I saw the remnant of the old cable on the external part of the pennant tube. I Spoke with the boat yard this morning and was told the wire went all the way through the metal pennant tube and was fiberglassed in! My previous morgan a 25, my father owned a 22 and both had white nylon or delrin? tubes with the centerboard cable attached to each end internally, and externally. Now the whole mess, packing gland and all are out and a new pennant tube will have to be fabricated so that the centerboard cable can be attached. Why are things never as simple or easy as they seem? The boat yard told me not to worry. This is why I got the boat for $700.00! So I will chill...... OH AS TO PREVIOUS CRITICISM ABOVE here is proof that I do not skimp on the important things. I know when to delegate to a professional when a job has to be done right.

Last edited by gpwil3847; 02-10-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook