SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hot water
Thread: Hot water
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpal View Post
In Hal Roth's book "How to Sail Around the World" he says that his wife and himself simple used a pump sprayer he modified with a nozzle from a kitchen sink. They would just boil a certain amount of water and pour it into the sprayer with some cool water. Then they would just pump up the sprayer with some pressure and shower. This way they were able to take hot showers and conserve water. I thought the book was great. It is just packed with information like that.
I used one of those for many years. I found it preferable to solar cos you can control the heat but thats about all.

On Raven, our previous boat, I went one step further, mixing the hot/cold in a bucket or head basin then dropping one of those cheap 12v shower gizmos you can but at any chandlery. We could use either kettle or solar to heat the water. Worked well and with some simple plumbing you could make it a more permanent installation.

That said, I love our tank heater shower on the current Womboat. Sheer bliss, other than (as per previous quite) having to run the engine to heat the water.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook