SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Hey guys, look at this beauty:

Who would say this is a 33ft boat? And a new brand in this crisis time, one that is not afraid to be different:

The brand is Vector and it is German...but the boats will be made in Poland.

The technical characteristics are very interesting:

"the V10 offers a full epoxy – foam – sandwich hull build in vacuum infusion for light weight, increased rigidity and high durability. This also ensures great value stability.

Special attention has been paid to the design and construction of modern hull lines with orientation on state of the art racing yachts. Her powerful wide transom, the chined Hull and her T shaped keel give the Vector 10 great stability which ensures comfortable fast sailing.

The high stability makes the Vector 10 easy to handle for cruising families or small Crews and will be exhilarating for crews on race courses.

The Vector 10 offers the interior layout of a much bigger Yacht. The composite interior is durable, light and bright.

The interior design of the Vector 10 reflects modern simplicity and has accents that resemble the interior of a luxury private jet. Thanks to the large side windows and the 6 openable flush hatches in the cabin roof, the V10 interior offers plenty of daylight and great ventilation.

The Vector 10 will start at 99.900€ inkl. German VAT of 19%."

LoA
Width 3,30 m/11 ft
Depth 2/1,60 m, 6.6/5.2 ft
Total Weight ca. 3600 kg/ca. 8000 lb
Keel 1400 kg/3086 lb
Mainsail 36 m²/398.5 ft²
Genoa 26 m²/279.9 ft²
Code 0 48 m²/516.7 ft²
Gennaker asym 98 m²/1054.9 ft²
Inboard Motor 16 HP/11,9 kW

I like it, I like the idea, I like the hull and I like the B/D ratio. I am going to follow this one. It seems to be a very interesting project…and the price seems right for an hi-tech epoxy boat
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook