SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving sailboat from Annapolis to Maine
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 02-12-2012
killarney_sailor
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,525
Thanks: 5
Thanked 124 Times in 112 Posts
Rep Power: 12
 
I agree with PB, if you are in a rush it makes sense to go outside but that assumes the boat is sorted out and ready for it. I would go through the C and D and Delware Bay and then outside to New York. With a really good forecast and the boat working well you can stay outside, but in general I would be inclined to go into NY harbor and then through Long Island Sound and Cape Cod Canal. A pleasant trip with many worthwhile places to visit on the way.

After the refit we have decided to sell Ainia. We want something smaller that would be could for the light summer winds of Lake Ontario, although we plan to spend at least a couple of winters in the Caribbean before heading north.
killarney_sailor is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome