SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012

daviid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi David,

Congratulations

The Hanse 350 is a nice boat with a performance keel and a particularly good stability. The 118AVS ORC means a boat with a very good final stability.

As you say a bit heavy, as all German boats but you can always use a geenaker on light winds.

You will not have any problem regarding draft in Croatia with a 2.0m draft boat. Last summer I sailed there with a 2.70m draft boat and I was surprised to see that this is not a problem in Croatia.

However you will only be able to stay there till next year. If you stay there you will pay a 23% Vat tax on the value of the boat. I strongly advise you to look now for and adequate place to put the boat next year because there are a lot of guys doing the same (all the guys that have the boats in Croatia with non paid VAT and they are a lot). As I was considering doing something very similar (without the shared ownership) I have studied the situation and the logical place to leave the boat next year is Turkey. But pay attention they demand boats with a black water tank. Places there are going to be very difficult to find. The best I could find was on the Turkish part of Cyprus. Nice price, very good protection and very near of the Turkish coasts.

As I have said here several times, for me the only negative aspect of the Hanses is the Ikea interior and it is not even the quality of the material, more a design fault.

Truth is that if I cannot get the boat I want, one of the boats I was considering was an almost new epoxy Hanse 430. I don't like the interior but the boat offers solidity and decent sailing for a good price.

Anyway with a shared ownership it is almost good that the interior is not a very nice one otherwise you would be appalled with the damage made by other owners.

I sailed last year 15 days on the previous version of that boat and it was already a solid and stiff boat. The family protested that our Bavaria was better, but solid any way, with some oddities.

Maybe we can drink a beer together: If the survey is alright I will buy next week a boat near Trieste, on the Adriatic coast not far from Croatia.

Where are you going to have the boat in Croatia? Probably the boat has already a place but If it is of any use to you, I have already made a search for that and the best place I could find was on the Mandalina Marina, near Sibenick (best price, nice city and the possibility of having the boat on the hard or on the water for almost the same price).

Again, Congratulations and have fun!

Regards

Paulo
Hi Paulo

Have Croatia really decided to join the EU? I understood that they had the option to join in 2013 but that most folk were betting that they wouldn't due to the crisis in Greece, Portugal, Italy, Spain etc etc. Even if they do decide to join the EU, then would it not be likely that they would phase the VAT in as Crete did some time ago at 6%? Anyway we will be faced with an interesting decision - I came very close to doing a deal on a yacht in Gocek, Turkey which was where I originally wanted to go. So maybe I'll be heading there sooner rather than later By the way, the H350 has a black water tank, even if it is a bit small -50litres.

The boat is currently lying in Marina Dalmaciya in Sukosan, Zadar but we will be sailing the boat to its new marina in March which will be on the island of Brac at the marina in Milna. A really nice town on the island which is connected to Split by many ferries and which is really good value - you have probably been there - I was there last year. It is also a good central location for heading North or South to explore Croatia.

Good luck on your trip for your next boat. It would be great to meet up with you - as you say Trieste is not far away.

David
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook