SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviid View Post
Hi Paulo

Have Croatia really decided to join the EU? I understood that they had the option to join in 2013 but that most folk were betting that they wouldn't due to the crisis in Greece, Portugal, Italy, Spain etc etc. Even if they do decide to join the EU, then would it not be likely that they would phase the VAT in as Crete did some time ago at 6%? Anyway we will be faced with an interesting decision - I came very close to doing a deal on a yacht in Gocek, Turkey which was where I originally wanted to go. So maybe I'll be heading there sooner rather than later By the way, the H350 has a black water tank, even if it is a bit small -50litres.

The boat is currently lying in Marina Dalmaciya in Sukosan, Zadar but we will be sailing the boat to its new marina in March which will be on the island of Brac at the marina in Milna. A really nice town on the island which is connected to Split by many ferries and which is really good value - you have probably been there - I was there last year. It is also a good central location for heading North or South to explore Croatia.

Good luck on your trip for your next boat. It would be great to meet up with you - as you say Trieste is not far away.

David
You have all information here:

Croatia EU Accession VAT - Information Pool - Yachting and Boating World Forums

Yes I know Milna Marina. I have chose Mandalina Marina over Milna because in Milna they have not many places out of the water and it is expensive to have boats ou of the water there. On Mandalina marina you can have the boat in the water or out of water on the same contract and you only pay more 10% if the boat is out of water.

I prefer to have the boat out of the water in the winter not only because the wind can be quite nasty there but also to dry up the boat.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook