SailNet Community - View Single Post - First sailboat purchase
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

JoeDiver is on a distinguished road
When I sell something....anything.....the prospective buyer's attitude and demeanor play heavily into how cooperative I am and willing to deal.

If my prospective buyer is friendly, open, excited and will obviously love my boat, I will most certainly deal with them by knocking money off, tossing in extras....

If my prospective buyer is as you stated you are, I will not deal at all. No money off. Full price. I'm keeping stuff too. You don't want it, fine. Take a hike. I don't deal with A Holes.

I had an old guitar to sell on Craigslist. Got all kinds of low ball, insulting offers. People telling me "why" my price was too high. One guy contacted me about the guitar. He was concerned that it was a little more than he wanted to pay. He was super nice, we had very good back/forth. Turns out he was a band teacher for a local elementary school and wanted an inexpensive guitar for the program.

I gave it to him. No charge.

My point it, if you're the right buyer, I'll deal with you. I may want to sell my stuff, even need to. But I'll eat it and tell you to walk if you're a d1ck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook