SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dual fuel filters
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012

christyleigh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
I wish I had room to do this mod with some Racor 500's....but I've seen this done and if you're an ocean cruiser or live in an area that has questionable fuel sources, its a great idea. Some have even dedicated fuel pumps that can turn the rig into a fuel polishing system that runs when the boat is under wind power during lumpy seas (otherwise you dont get the gunk to filter).
..... or if you buy a boat in Annapolis that had been baking it's 2 - 75 gallon tanks in the sun more than being used in the previous 2 years and the engine dies daily because of a clogged filter from day 2 through 8 of your self-delivery to Rhode Island
So I went all out and installed a Filter-Boss system that does all of the above -

Andy Keenan, the owner of Filter-Boss is a great guy to work with and even made a house-call on my boat when I thought I had a problem with my install (his schematic). Of course the fact that he lives closer to my boat than I do helped a bit I have 2 lines out of each tank so with a few valves I'm able to run or polish in every imaginable way from/to either tank.
Many people have made their own setups for less money but it was 'Boat Show Discount' time when I was ready so I went for it. There is a home made setup out on the NauticatUSA site.
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook