SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted - La Paz, Mex. to Seattle April 2012
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012

robmo is on a distinguished road
Hi Craig,

Couldn't get through with your email address, don't know what went wrong.

Shuah, I can provide specifics, I'm a New Englander and I've cut my teeth in sailing on Buzzards Bay. I've owned more than a dozen vessels ranging in length from 13' (Bettlecat) to 33' (Ranger). I helped deliver a B40 (Hinckley Bermuda 40) to Seal Hahbah, ME, from Fairhaven, Ma. a Ranger 3 from New Bedford to Samford CT and in 2008 a Lagoon 42 from St Martin to Kemhah TX. In my 20s I worked for a summer on Mobil Oil Corp tanker and I've helped to salvage yachts and commercial vessels as crew on a friend's 65' tug (Jaguar, Mitchell Towing & Salvage, NB MA). Last fall I sailed for a week on a 60' "pinky" schooner on he Chesapeake. I currently own a 19' lightning which I sail on lakes in Oregon. I currently live in Roseburg OR because it is a hell of a lot cheaper than living in MA. At present I'm in TX where I belong to a sailing club racing J 105s and J80s on Galveston Bay.

I recently published an ebook about my early sailing exploits, its available on Amazon for 99 cents. The title is Circadian Rhythm. Should you decide to buy it, it will fill you in on how I learned to sail.......the hard way.

Hope to hear further.

Cheers,

Scott
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook