SailNet Community - View Single Post - book on hull design/theory
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006

jmunson2 is on a distinguished road
Greetings!

Slightly on this topic, any of you marine architects, or know of any, that would like to carry on a casual conversation concerning marine architecting? You/he/she can contact me at j munson at his dot com. I look forward to the conversation!

Btw, I have purchased the Killing book, and the two Gerr books as starting material. I intend to actually get a hold of some real-live text books concerning marine architecture. I'll see where it will all lead...maybe my own design shop some day (I "own" a business now, so am quite familiar with the business headaches that go with the territory...just not the specifics with this arena).

Thanks again everyone!

Sincerely,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II

p.s. We went out on the 23rd on the Chesapeake Bay (my brother has a Bayfield 25). 20 knot winds, with 25 knot gusts and 3-6ft swells (seemed like higher at times! ). Rough, rough, rough...We, acknowledging our inexperience, went back in. 'Bout an hour out. I had a blast despite conditions (which, admittedly, were a little hairy for such a small boat). Loved that spray!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook